Burning brush is to blame for a house fire Monday afternoon in Goodhue.
Nobody was hurt.
Goodhue Fire Chief Dustin Luhman says the brush fire spread up the back of the house and into the second floor of the home.
He says nearly everything on the second floor was burned.. and the rest of the house had water damage.
Among people gathering at the scene, Pastor Curt Hagen of St. John's Lutheran Church, Goodhue, the church that the family attends.
"I reminded them from Psalm 121 that the Lord is always watching over them, keeping them safe from harm no matter what, and even with something like this, the Lord uses that to draw us close to himself," said Hagen.
Zumbrota fire crews helped with the blaze.
Responders say wind was not much of a factor in dealing with the fire, but they're not yet used to the warmer temperatures.
Can't Find Something?
6301 Bandel Road NW, Rochester, MN 55901
Switchboard: 507-252-4747 or 1-877-369-4788
News tips: 507-281-4747 or email@example.com