Fire crews called to Albert Lea hotel after light fixture catches on fire
ALBERT LEA, Minn. (FOX 47) -
Fire crews are called to a hotel after the fire alarm goes off.
According to Albert Lea Fire Rescue, both the fire department and Albert Lea police were called to the Best Western Plus, at 821 Plaza Street in Albert Lea around 10:11 p.m. Thursday.
When crews arrived, they found light smoke in the first floor hallway and heavy smoke in the east stairwell and second floor. Firefighters were able to locate the fire, which was in one of the stairwells. The fire was quickly put out as officers assisted with evacuating guests.
Guests were able to return to their rooms around 11:15 p.m.
The fire department says the fire started from a light fixture in the stairwell. Nobody was injured and the only damage was to the light fixture and some smoke damage to the nearby walls. The cost of damage is estimated around $2,000.
Can't Find Something?
6301 Bandel Road NW, Rochester, MN 55901
Switchboard: 507-252-4747 or 1-877-369-4788
News tips: 507-281-4747 or firstname.lastname@example.org