This year's flu season is hitting the Mason City area hard, prompting a visitation restriction at Mercy Medical Center.
They're calling it a "Level 2" restriction.
The hospital released the following list of restrictions Thursday afternoon:
· Anyone with respiratory or influenza-like symptoms
· Anyone 18 years of age or less
· Birth Center visitation is limited to significant other or spouse and grandparents
· Pediatric department visitation is limited to parents or guardians and grandparents.
· Visitation of patients in isolation is limited to significant other or spouse, and parents or guardians plus 2 visitors
The facility says there may be special circumstances, so anyone with special needs should call the nurse in charge for the the patient they're trying to see.
6301 Bandel Road NW, Rochester, MN 55901
Switchboard: 507-252-4747 or 1-877-369-4788
News tips: 507-281-4747 or firstname.lastname@example.org