Two Olmsted County Sheriff's Deputies came to the rescue of an 87 year old woman after a fire broke out in her kitchen.
Deputies Jay Clemmons and John Strum responded to the call near Byron just before 9 o'clock Wednesday morning to find smoke coming from the east side of the house.
The woman who made the call, Eleanor Nichols, uses a walker and was fearful to leave her home.
The deputies used extinguishers to keep the flames at bay while they escorted her out of the house and down the handicap ramp.
Nichols said the fire started in her microwave before spreading to her cupboards.
6301 Bandel Road NW, Rochester, MN 55901
Switchboard: 507-252-4747 or 1-877-369-4788
News tips: 507-281-4747 or firstname.lastname@example.org