Rochester man's life saved by Narcan after he overdosed on drugs
ROCHESTER, Minn. (FOX 47) -
The Rochester Fire Department saved a life in a Downtown Rochester Skyway.
First responders rushed to the skyway near Dooley's Pub just before Noon, Tuesday, with reports of a "man down." Rochester Police said when they arrived, along with Rochester Fire, they found a man suffering from agonal breathing, also known as a death rattle.
At first rescuers believed it was a heart issue, but an A.E.D. did little to help the 27-year-old victim. Crews quickly realized it was a possible heroin overdose, so Rochester Fire administered one dose of Narcan and the victim came to.
He was taken to Mayo Clinic-Saint Marys.
Can't Find Something?
6301 Bandel Road NW, Rochester, MN 55901
Switchboard: 507-252-4747 or 1-877-369-4788
News tips: 507-281-4747 or firstname.lastname@example.org