A man suffered minor burns after his Southwest Rochester garage went up in flames.
The Rochester Fire Department responded to 401 33rd Street Southwest just after 3:30 on Wednesday afternoon to a report of a garage fire.
Fire Chief Steve Belau said a man was working in his garage on a car when sparks flew and mixed with gas fumes, causing a quick-spreading fire.
Thankfully, the man only suffered minor burns and didn't need medical transport, or even medical attention.
Crews were on scene for about an hour, putting out the blaze.
6301 Bandel Road NW, Rochester, MN 55901
Switchboard: 507-252-4747 or 1-877-369-4788
News tips: 507-281-4747 or firstname.lastname@example.org