GENEVA, Minn. (FOX 47) -- An early morning fire destroyed a home in rural Geneva, and investigators believe a hot charcoal grill in the garage may be to blame.
The Freeborn County Sheriff's Office reports that Geneva firefighters responded to a call for help from the home of Greg and Maureen Riley at 81030 320th Street about 1 a.m. Monday.
When they arrived, the house was fully engulfed. It was a total loss. No one was hurt, and the American Red Cross is assisting the Riley's.
Fire crews from Ellendale, Clarks Grove, Hollandale, and Blooming Prairie were also on the scene, along with the crew from Ellendale Ambulance.
Main Station: 507-252-4747
Connect With Us
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KXLT. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Jodi Neyens at (507) 280-5104. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at email@example.com.