ROCHESTER, Minn. (FOX 47) -- The Rochester Fire Department evacuated two homes as crews investigated a gas leak Monday morning.
Minnesota Energy Resources responded to 1736 West Center Street S.W. shortly before 8 a.m.
Rochester Fire Department Battalion Chief Eric Propotnik said Minnesota Energy found elevated levels of natural gas and evacuated the homeowner.
Rochester firefighters evacuated two neighboring homes. Crews shut off gas and electrical service to the home and provided ventilation.
Propotnik said the leak was found to be the result of a faulty gas line supplying a gas range.
Main Station: 507-252-4747
Connect With Us
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KXLT. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Jodi Neyens at (507) 280-5104. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.