WANAMINGO, Minn. (FOX 47) -- Three people are recovering after showing signs of carbon monoxide poisoning at a food processing and packaging plant in Wanamingo.
The Goodhue County Sheriff's Office said that when they arrived at Maple Island Inc. at about 1:30 a.m. Thursday, they found three people suffering from symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning.
The sheriff's office said that a vent became blocked in the boiler room, preventing exhaust from coming out.
One of the paramedics on the scene Thursday morning tells KTTC that carbon monoxide risks at factories are different than the risks at private homes for several reasons.
"They have more of the gas coming through. Whatever the source is for, they have a larger amount, versus in-home we have a smaller amount coming into our home," said Angie Jarrett, a paramedic with Zumbrota Area Ambulance.
All three employees complaining of illness were transported to the hospital by Zumbrota Area Ambulance. Their conditions are unknown at this time. Wanamingo Fire Department also responded to the call.
Main Station: 507-252-4747
Connect With Us
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KXLT. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Jodi Neyens at (507) 280-5104. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.