KASSON, Minn. (FOX 47) -- The State Fire Marshal believes an overheated box fan tipped over and started a fire that damaged a home in Kasson.
The fire happened at the intersection of Mantorville Avenue and 2nd Street NE at about 1:30 p.m. Sunday.
Investigators said a jogger noticed smoke coming from the home and flagged down a vehicle to call 911. She entered the burning building to see if anyone was home. Fortunately, the family of six was not home at the time.
Crews were able to quickly extinguish the fire.
No one was hurt.
The Red Cross has been contacted to assist the family.
Main Station: 507-252-4747
Connect With Us
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2013 WorldNow and KXLT. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Lynn Jacobs at (507) 280-5104. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.